Thursday, January 10, 2013

pre-Christmas in Idaho






Ryan had to coach an away game in some random, central Utah town the Friday before Christmas, so I took the boys up to Idaho for a pre-Christmas visit.
I'm so happy we went. 
Camden and Turner loved playing with their cousins, I got to cuddle baby Teagan, and hang out with the fam on the "off" year.
a few highlights: we introduced Camden to Candy Cane Lane, where he saw Santa and Mrs. Claus.
a GAG reunion at one of Idaho Falls' cutest restaurants. You know you have wonderful friends when it feels like not a day went by since you'd all been together. 
cookie frosting with Grandma Nelson. She really does make the best sugar cookies...
Our trip was cut a little short...Turner started throwing up Saturday night, so we packed up and headed home first thing Sunday morning. Poor kid. and poor me! (wait, I can feel bad for myself, right? I mean, I did do my fair share of puke cleaning... ok, if we're being honest, we can also feel bad for my mom too.)
We had a great time in Idaho, minus the puke. I wasn't sure if I was willing to take on the stress of heading up there solo with the kidlets when I still had so much to do for Christmas, but I'm so happy I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment