Sunday, July 29, 2012

obsessions

Currently, I'm living for...

The Olympics.
It's all I can think about. Ryan and I have honestly been counting down since Beijing. I am on the lookout to be wearing anything red, white, and blue, to properly show my American pride. We walk around the house, randomly starting cheers of "USA! USA!". We came up with a fantasy olympic draft. Every spare moment is spent glued to the tv. I get teary eyed when they play our national anthem. I feel so proud of all the athletes, especially the ones from the country I love. Hearing the stories about the Olympians makes me feel so personally involved. I love it. I highly doubt we will get anything done over the next few weeks, but I don't even care!

Les miserables.
I have heard the popular music for years, but had never actually seen the play, so when I had the opportunity to go, I was ecstatic! And let me tell you, it did not disappoint. I either had chills, or had tears rolling down my cheeks for the entire 3 hour production. I also discovered my new favorite quote...
"to love another person, is to see the face of God." yup. Obsessed.

Holding my ever-growing baby.
He's growing so fast. I can't handle it. So I'm sort of in denial, but mostly just trying to take advantage of every moment this baby boy will sleep in my arms.

Summer.
Sunny days filled with splash parks and sprinklers. Warm evenings with family and friends. And the best part? I get to spend (almost) the entire day with Ryan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to find out there are more people just as obsessed with the Olympics as we are! We are glued too. Embarrassed to admit but we were 1 1/2 hours late to church yesterday all because Andrew & I couldn't pull ourselves away from a USA vs. Serbia Men's volleyball game... Not a good excuse but there were 3 former cougars on the team. HA HA :) LOVe LoVE the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just too cool! love your olympic traditions you are starting!

    ReplyDelete