Friday, July 20, 2012

mother's day



mother's day went a little something like this...
sleeping in. breakfast in bed. a perfect card from two sweet little boys. hugs and kisses all around. new workout clothes. phone calls to grandmas who live far away. dinner laughs. a book for the moment. the best letter/essay I've ever had written for or about me.

this year mother's day left me with so much appreciation.  appreciation for my husband, who put all the effort into making mother's day special for me. for my boys, who keep me on my toes. for my mom, who is and always will be "supermom". for my mother-in-law, who is always supportive.

for me, motherhood is incredible. it has made me the happiest I've ever been, but already brought pressure and frustration I didn't even know I could experience. I've always wanted to be a mom, and a young mom at that. Some say that being a mother took them by surprise, and they didn't realize how much they would love it, but I knew. I just hope I can be the mom they deserve. I hope they can come to me for anything, count on me for everything, and be happy they got stuck with me :) Camden is seriously my very favorite person to hang out with--he is witty, sweet, and silly. and Turner, his little smile melts me everytime. I love these boys so much, and am so grateful I have been given the opportunity to have them call me "mommy".

No comments:

Post a Comment