Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I love the holiday of gratitude.
I love the smell of wonderful goodness coming from the kitchen.
I love my mom's cooking...especially the yams, idaho potatoes, and delicious stuffing.
I love gathering together with family.
I love that each new Thanksgiving reminds me of Thanksgivings past.
I love being reminded of all that I have to be thankful for.

This Thanksgiving we headed up to Idaho

(We drove during a crazy snow storm! The normal 3 hour drive clocked in at 6 hours!)

We were able to spend the holiday with my parents and my brother Brian and his family.
It was small and simple and lovely.
I couldn't help but think of where we were last Thanksgiving...
in the hospital, with our newborn peanut.
It wasn't the best tasting food I'd ever had
(but that cafeteria does have a decent menu)
But I had a lot to be thankful for.

This year, I am thankful for my husband and baby boy,
our wonderful family and close friends,
our fantastic neighborhood and ward,
my health and happiness,
and the gospel of Jesus Christ.


Happy Thanksgiving 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment