Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One year old

Happy Birthday Camden!
My child is officially 12 months.
Which means I start counting in years, and halves, and not in months...
and that means my baby is no longer a baby, but a toddler!
*tear*
1 year ago I was nervous, anxious and very very excited to meet him.
I knew life would never be the same.
I figured I would love being a mom... but really, I didn't realize I would love it this much.

At one year Camden...
is freaking adorable.
his favorite expression is still the "oh" face
he is walking/running around like crazy
he is the happiest, friendliest guy you'll ever meet
he makes friends with everyone, and flirts with all

(the cashiers at grocery stores just love his cheesy smile with accompanying wave)
he says dada, mama, moo, no, ball, yay
he dances to all music (including hymns and cell phone ringtones)
he is obsessed with elmo
he shakes his head "no" when I say his name sternly
he loves the bath tub and cries when he has to get out
he follows memo around everywhere
he loves sporting events and cheers, clamps, and boos...he even yells when other fans are yelling
he loves to eat...
I can not eat anything without him spitting out his binky and opening his mouth for a taste
he pets mommy's hair (sometimes lovingly, and sometimes not so lovingly)
he gives high-fives
he gives the sweetest kisses
he likes to wrestle with his dad and chase his parents around the house
he loves to point to things he would like a closer look at...
(in hopes you will take him to see it)
he likes to climb on things
he has a strange fascination with Mem's food
he makes us laugh daily
it is impossible to be in a bad mood around him because he is almost always smiling

At his 1 year check-up, he weighed in at 19 lbs-- the 10th %
And he is in the 50th % for height
He has grown so much since he was born...he was a mere 6 lbs 3 oz and 20 1/2 inches
not even on the charts for weight, and the 15 % for height

I still can't believe I have a kid as cute as this little guy!
(7 months)
I keep telling Ryan we can't have any more kids, because there is no way they could be as cute as Camden! :) Then that kid would have some sort of complex for the rest of his/her life...
(1 day old)
(2 months)(3 months)(8 months)(11 months)

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie, Happy Birthday Camden!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cannot believe that Camden is one year old!! I agree with you, he really is the cutest baby on the planet, but I also think you will have equally as cute babies in the future! :)

    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog! That is so cool that your Mother in law used to be in the choir. My dad has been in since 2002 and my mom since 2008. They love getting to do it together.

    Hope you guys are doing great and love that I get to be kept up with your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Camden! He really is the cutest little kid, I just love him. I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he is one! Time flies! He is such a cutie! We should get together and catch up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad i missed the party!! time flies!!! can't believe little dude is already 1!! super cute!!! can't wait to see you all again!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete