Thursday, January 19, 2012

Well said

I came across this article today, and thought it was hilariously true. and very well said.
I love being a mom...all. the time. on SOME level.
It may not be the "my life is perfect and I am gleefully smiling 24 hours a day because being a mom is that awesome" love, but, it is love. and a heckuvalot of happiness.
Even when Camden is running away from my giant pregnant self and I can't yell after him because I still have a smoker's voice, or when he's having a major melt down in the middle of the grocery store, yelling "owie, mommy! no, please!" like I am Freddy Krueger, obviously trying to commit murder.
Or the much easier moments, like when he gives me a random hug, or when he wakes up in the morning, and the first word he says is "mommy".

It's all wonderful. sometimes kick-me-in-the butt-i-sort-of-want-to -die, wonderful. but you get the point.

3 comments:

  1. You are funny. I totally agree with this whole post. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'enjoy every moment! they go by so quickly!' =) ha.
    word sister!
    but now with baby #2 about to make his debut...you kinda have to agree that it *does* go by soo fast! those looong days and nights turn into very quick years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this article too and loved it! She is a funny writer too. This made me laugh how you said Camden will yell in the grocery store " Owie mommy!" because when I was two I'd scream in the grocery store "ouch Ouch you're hurting me!!" and people would look at my mom like she abused her child haha! Well, I hope to see you one of these days now that I'm back at church and all :) I can't wait to see you and your cute baby belly self! Can't wait for your little guy!

    ReplyDelete