Thursday, November 3, 2011

the end result

today i was a bad mom.
and Camden made me pay for it with a lesson i will never forget.

i woke up this morning in a bit of a panic.
i'm past the 1/2 way mark in my pregnancy, and i have done nothing for this little guy's nursery.
sure, technically, i have 19 weeks left.  but if pre-eclampsia hits (like it did with Camden),
then i really only have 16 weeks... roughly 4 months.
which is really 3 months because of the holidays. and being realistic, do anything other than holiday things get done during december?
3 months to prepare a living space for someone.
on a budget. during husband's basketball coaching season. on my own.
panic.
followed closely by a nesting urge to get started.
so, i decided to further explore the internet for ideas/ good deals, and narrow down what i need to do, and get going!  i turned on monster's inc. for Camden (he has been begging all week to watch it anyway), and turned my attention to the computer.
30 minutes later, i checked on him. he was just fine, hanging out with his toys and laughing at the silly antics of Mike Wazowski. great! i have a few more minutes all to myself in design dreamland.
then, i lost track of time, and a "few more minutes" quickly turned into another 20.
and little man came marching up the stairs... completely naked.
with poo smeared all. over. him.
i was so surprised i didn't know what to do! i rushed poo man into the bathtub, where he began to wail (he thought he was being punished, really, punishment hadn't even crossed my mind at this point. i can't pinpoint my emotions exactly, but pretty sure it wasn't anger...)
and i ran downstairs to assess the damage.
the newly formed puddle on the tile told me that he had to go number one as well.
and there, in front of the tv, in a neat little pile, i discovered his pants, shirt, and poop filled diaper. 
i have child proofed every inch of that room. how many disasters can a 2 year old get into?
i guess i never saw him making his own messes. literally.

the whole thing was my fault.
i am the responsible 24 year old adult, and he is not even 2 yet.
20 minutes is a long. time. in toddler world.
and now i know.
got your message loud and clear, Camden!
don't neglect your kid. you'll pay for it dearly.
and i'll be disinfecting my entire house for the rest of the day week.


4 comments:

  1. Hilarious!! My first day at home with 2 kids (when taylee was born), I was nursing taylee and jakoby wanted me to play with him and I said "in a little bit" which he didn't like so he took off all his clothes and pooped on the floor! I know how you feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahaha! That was GOOD. But where are the pictures!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny!! i think he's trying to tell you he's ready for potty training. :) i really cannot stop laughing about this. sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. my. gosh. i would seriously die!!!!

    ReplyDelete