Tuesday, November 8, 2011

1/2 way there!

(a few weeks ago)

woah! i'm halfway there, woah oh, livin' on  a prayer! (thank you Bon Jovi)

yup, I've hit the 1/2 way point.
this pregnancy was dragging at times...when my head was buried in the toilet, but is now flying by!  i have had much more energy lately, and am feeling pretty dang good. and huge. but good :)
this week's dr appt started out a little stressful... my dr may or may not have put me on a diet.
after my weigh-in, she looked at my chart...for longer than normal.
i asked her if my weight gain was ok, because honestly, i am feeling the drag of the extra lbs.
she kindly told me that i had gained more than average, and that i should make sure i was eating high protein, low carb meals.  she told me to drink a few glasses of water before each meal, and to exercise regularly.
wait a second, aren't those things you tell someone to put them on a diet?
yeah. they are.
that was a blow to my pregnancy self-esteem.
but then we went in for the ultrasound.
and i was quickly reminded that how much weight i gain doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
we got to see our sweet little boy...his perfect little self.  healthy, and kicking like crazy!
and that is the important thing.  that i am doing my job to make a snug little home for this boy to grow in.  (and hopefully, when all is said and done, he will be a chunky baby and all those extra lbs i've put on will be essential for his rolls :)


craving: salt and vinegar chips, baked potatoes, and sandwiches
searching: for that perfect name
feeling: exhausted some days, and full of energy the next! (but that could be due to big brother)
his kicks! he really likes to practice his soccer skills late at night




3 comments:

  1. love it! & can I please kick your Dr. in the pants? You are the tiniest little person I know. I wouldn't think twice about your weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe your doc told you to essentially watch what you eat. you are pregnant and still not even CLOSE too overweight...i was mad when i read that!!!

    ReplyDelete