Saturday, October 1, 2011

working on it

sooner or later you have to embrace pregnancy.
you can fight it all you want...the weight gain, the nausea, puking in every location possible, the whole nine yards, but eventually, it catches up to you.
i think when i was pregnant with Camden, i wasn't really sure if i wanted to document my pregnancy. especially because, to be honest, pregnancy and i, we don't really like each other.
but now, i'm wishing i had some pictures and thoughts to compare this one to!
so, the embracing begins!

at 16 weeks we know... it's a boy!
we went to fetal studio in the mall (gasp!), and had an ultra sound to see what this little peanut is.  a place in the mall? really? but, i had a few great reccommendations, and the dr. (an ob from switzerland) was extremely kind and professional. i will totally do it again!

craving: the first trimester i really craved mexican food. the beans and rice, sit down kind. not to be confused with the drive through stuff.  i also love me some baked potatoes! wendy's has been a god send.
as far as the past few weeks, my cravings have been all over the place! last week i stomached the kitchen and fridge to make mac-and-cheese, and the next day i scarfed down a pizza lunchable like my life depended on it.  i have no idea why i crave so much junk food at first. (with Camden it was all things potatoes, including lots of chili cheese fries)
this past week my little boy has apparently been much more nutritiously inclined. (he must've been paying attention when we watched the biggest loser.)
i've loved a good salad. weird.
anything vinegar tasting also makes the craving list-- salt-n-vinegar chips, mustard, pickles, and steak sauce. mmm! mmm!

pukage factor: this week, not so bad. 4x so far...nothing i can't handle!
weeks prior: not as good. but, i can see the end! hopefully...
i am still quite nauseous at night, which is no bueno, considering that is when i get to see Ryan.
and all he sees of me these days is a green face. that's love, huh?

weight gain: 10 lbs. splegh! that is 10% of my pre-baby weight... at this point that means i no longer fit into a bunch of my clothes. but, oh well! embracing pregnancy and ALL it has to offer, right?

love:  feeling baby boy kick for the first time this week- it was like little butterflies.
when he waved at me during the ultrasound...it was like a "hey mom, i'm in here! get ready"
knowing Camden will get a little brother. melts me.
seeing a little "bump" instead of a "pudge" :)
having a husband who is such a great father.  he comes home and takes care of Camden, does the grocery shopping (since i can't set foot in a grocery store without puking), does all the nasty jobs around the house, offers to get any food i am craving, and does IT ALL with a smile.
really, i chose a good one. i don't know how i got so lucky.

i'm excited to be pregnant again, and actually enjoy it this time!
life is always better when you stop to enjoy it...
and i'm hoping pregnancy will be too!


3 comments:

  1. love it :) I am loving being pregnant so far, but I don't have to deal with the sickness like you do. I was wondering how you guys found out so early the gender..hehe. I will find out soon hopefully because I work right by ultrasound (how convenient!) Pregnancy is beautiful, you should embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you're documenting it all, but you forgot a picture! I'll give you a break for now but I hope that as you get bigger you'll post pictures. You'll be glad later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you begin feeling a little better every single day. I agree that pregnancy is not so fun some times. But I also agree that it should be embraced for the miracle that it is. It's so easy to lose perspective and concentrate on the negatives (I know I did) but it truly is incredible and such an immense blessing from our Heavenly Father. Beautifully worded post. Btw, you looked SO cute at craft night. Perfect little baby bump and you were glowing. :)

    ReplyDelete