Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dream


I have a confession.
While I really do love my job, I have a dream job-
(Everyone has those tho, right?)
I would say my dream job is more of an obsession...Let me explain.
When one has extra time and the baby is sleeping, what do they usually do? Popular answers may be: settle in with a good book, click on the tv to catch up on the latest show, call an old friend, do some much needed housework...whatever.
Here is where my little confession comes into play-- I get on my computer and (no, it's not facebook or blog stalk) I look at fashion.
I do. I spend hours upon hours looking at fashion icons, disecting their outfits, dreaming I could afford designer clothes, and because I can't, I then proceed to try to find clothes that can pass as knock-offs for such. It's bad.
So, that being said, my dream job would be to become a personal shopper.
Yup. Shop for other people who actually have money to wear the things I would love to.
Or even shop for people who do not share my passion...or even shop for people just to find awesome deals!
I know, I know. I love to shop til I drop, look at magazines, watch fashion shows on Bravo (Project Runway and the Rachel Zoe project...just off the top of my head), and dream up new outfits...and I probably don't look like it.
oh, well. Just because I said it was an obsession doesn't mean it is necessarily a successful one right? Did I mention that "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is one of my favorite books?
I know, I'm lame.

I also realize, that while my hobby may be completely superficial, it is fun.

I am not justifying it... I'm merely explaining. :)

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a personal shopper! You should be a personal "on sale/screamin' deal" shopper :) That's what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha funny thing is, I've always done the same thing, and since I can't buy any of it either, recently I've been looking at things and figuring out how to make them :) So I think my dream job right now is a clothing designer. I keep dreaming up (I kid you not I think about it so much that I can't fall asleep at night) jackets and skirts and shirts and how to make this and that....ya no joke :) Sooo I do not blame you one bit! We sound like we're just about in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should make it happen! It sounds funny but people actually need that kind of service! (myself included... one day)

    Go to this site: http://buttonedupstyle.com/. My good NYC friend, Casey, made her dream reality in the past 6 months and it's going great!

    I think you should do it. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need you to be my personal shopper. And you can tell you love fashion--you always look SO perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the supportive comments guys :) I was expecting a few laughs at my expense and some eye rolling, but not actual encouragement! I will have to take that into careful consideration... and really, I would love to shop for any of you! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally!! when i 'get rich'! (hahahaha) i will totally employ you!! until then, i fully support your obsession and have to admit that i too, when given the time and opportunity, can spend hours obsessing online on fashion :)

    ReplyDelete