Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Namaste

Alright, so I've recently come to grips with two facts about myself:
1) I tend to slightly over stress about things
2) I will probably never be a hard core runner

Sigh. It took 23 years to figure this stuff out... So, since I now know that I need to de-stress, and find a suitable workout for my body and mind (besides running), I've decided to dedicate more of my time to yoga :)

My sister is what I call a true yogite... and I don't think I'll ever quite be to that point, but I do enjoy my yoga classes twice a week. I come away feeling quite stretched, relaxed, and re-energized...I guess you could say I find my center and become present during class (2 points to the yoga people that know what I'm talking about)
I think yoga fits me a lot better than running. I would like to look like a runner and have all the heart benefits without actually having to run over 4 miles, so if you know how to do that, let me know.
Until then, I will join all the other yoga lovers who like to twist their bodies into crazy balancing positions (sometimes child's pose is a God send!) and leave the running to a minimum.

Namaste
P.S.-- I'm adding "yoga retreat in a cool place" to my bucket list

6 comments:

  1. maybe we should yoga retreat at the cabin sometime in the winter and you can teach us all your tricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love yoga! and it is a GREAT workout. i know i'll be resorting to that sometime in the near future when my body can't take running any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to find a yoga class to take, I took some in school and loved it! that's awesome your doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, I love this post. Yoga has single handily changed my life (does that sound over dramatic)! We can yoga pals together! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay april! i think yoga compliments/adds to most forms of exercise (a lot of pro athletes practice yoga because it helps them to be better at their sport-it's great for strength, flexibility, stamina and endurance, balance and focus)
    i'm so happy you're into it! i agree, a yoga retreat should definitely be something we do soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you taking classes? 24 hr? If so, let me know what days you go. I love it too but I haven't been to a class in a while.

    ReplyDelete