Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Motivation to get out of bed

Sometimes I think that if I lived in a really great location I would just pop out of bed in the morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, rearing to go--

Not that where I live isn't perfectly lovely...
Because I simply adore our view. (One of the reasons we chose our house)
However, if I were to wake up in say
A beachside cottage
or in a cabin on the lake
It would be easier to dance through the morning.
Or possibly, I have been looking at way too many pottery barn magazines.
(a HUGE possibility)
Either way, I remember one specific time when I was younger and we went to my grandma's cabin in Tabiona, Utah (I know, not exactly a beachside cottage, but close)
We were sitting outside on the back deck, all cuddled up in old rusty folding chairs- the kind with the weaved plastic- wrapped in blankets, peanuts and hot chocolate in hand, taking in the view while feeding the chipmunks. (FYI: I fittingly named my favorite one Alvin)
I've always been a pretty good morning person, but we were up early enough on a summer morning to watch the sun rise! That, my friends, is early.
Now, I wake up to the cute sounds of Camden cooing in his crib (or screeching, depending on the day) and I have to drag my tired butt out of bed. Not ok.
So... I've decided to create my own little "Jump out of Bed" routine.
I'm thinking some feel good music to start out the day, maybe finding a chair to fit nicely on my back porch for some take-it-all-in time...I don't know.
I do know, however, that I would like more of a *seize the day* mentality.
Suggestions are welcome. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh man story of my life. I found that when I get up before my kids do and take that time to exercise or read my scriptures or something productive and good like that I am happier about the day. (*but now that I'm extremely tired and sick all the time it just doesn't happen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you figure something else, let me know. I am dragging myself out of bed everyday. Even Saturdays when I get to sleep in! It's pathetic. I like this new blogging more often thing from you...

    ReplyDelete