Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama

the first word i hear every morning.

the last word he says every night...preceeded by "love you".

he stole my heart the moment i knew he was mine.

sometimes i look at him and can't believe God sent him to me.

i am so grateful He trusted me to be the mother of this little angel.
i know mother's day is hard for some. it breaks my heart to think of all those who have lost a mother, or a child, or who wish they had a little one to call them "mama", but for some reason, haven't been able to yet. i hope you feel loved, and not discouraged.

although i have a little one, and am technically a mother, i feel as though my year and a half is not much compared to the years and years of love and devotion of that of my own mom.


she is the best example. she is beautiful, kind, loving, compassionate, and thoughtful...i didn't appreciate how great she really is until i became a mother myself. it is hard work, and this woman makes it look easy. i love you, mom.


mother's day was great. :) i am a little embarrassed to say i didn't pay attention in church...during sacrament meeting i just played with my little boy. but as much as mother's day is about the mothers, i feel like it is also about the wonderful little spirits that bless our lives.
i am also grateful for the wonderful examples of motherhood all around me.


"Men are what their mothers made them."-ralph waldo emerson


--that is the best compliment i can give Ryan's mom. she raised a son who is an amazing man...i sure am thankful for her :)


Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment