Monday, September 3, 2012

my boys

Most mornings, Camden runs into my room and wakes me up. Sometimes I can talk him into laying down next to me so I can squeeze in a few more minutes of sleep before the day really begins. The rest of the time, he begs and pleads to go see baby Turner, and as soon as he hears Turner make any sort of noise, he runs in there as fast as his little legs will carry him. That kid sure does love his brother. And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual-- Turner is already a smiley kid, but he seems to save certain smiles for his big brother.

Camden is like the energizer bunny. Non-stop from the time he wakes up until he (finally) gives up and goes to bed. But when he crashes, he is out cold...at daddy's baseball game, in the car, wherever, nothing can wake him up when he finally gets a nap. Those moments are few are far between, but when they happen I almost always feel like I have to document it. Especially if both boys fall asleep at the same time... A few moments of pure bliss! And the crazy thing is, I almost always miss them while they are napping.


Another big part of our summer has been playing with their daddy-- Ryan volunteered to babysit Camden, Turner, and their cousin Everett while I went to a workout class. I'll admit, I was a little nervous leaving him with 3 kids under the age of 3, but when I came home, he had set up a movie on the wall with a projector. The event was complete with popcorn, and a fort of pillows. Way cooler than anything I ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment