Friday, February 24, 2012

sitting, waiting, wishing

37.5 weeks pregnant.
and measuring a little big...
we'll for sure be meeting this little boy in two weeks, if not before!
Dare I say, we're ready?
Maybe if I put it out there, he'll decide he is ready to meet us, too :)
I was so caught off guard when they induced me at 37 weeks with Camden, I had so many last minute things to complete, and I really thought I had at least 3 more weeks to prepare!
So, this time, (with A LOT of help...my husband, parents, and in-laws are the best!)
we have things ready.
ready as in: nursery mostly completed, newborn diapers purchased, Camden fully brainwashed instructed on how much fun a new baby is going to be, Ryan will be on spring break next week, and I am so ready to be done.
a little nervous, as in: I am not sure if I am ready to give up my time with Camden.
There, I said it. 
I know I will love this little boy just as much as I love Camden, and giving Camden the opportunity to be an older brother will be wonderful, but I am selfish.  I love being able to give all of my attention to my little buddy, and I'm just not sure if I am ready to give that up.
Even now, as I am sitting at the computer, bawling, Camden came over to give me a hug and see if mommy is ok.
Not to say I am not excited to meet this little boy, and all of the adventures we'll have together too, I am just a little...nervous.


3 comments:

  1. I remember feeling the same way. I was ready for Laynie, but there is something so special about the bond you have with your first. Everything will be fine, don't you worry!!! You think your heart is so full right now????? Just wait, it will grow so much when you have your new little one. It never takes the love away from the first child, it just grows bigger:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Calyn. Don't be nervous. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see some pictures of the little guy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH good luck April! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I hope you are doing ok, I can't wait for you to have your baby either! You are such a wonderful mama. Love you!

    ReplyDelete