Monday, April 18, 2011

Life is Hard

Life is hard.

Plain and simple, but ridiculously hard to digest.

It seems like blogs are filled with everything fun and exciting--

no one really wants to dwell on the sucky things they experience, right?

But for me, this week hasn't been exciting and fun.

There are wonderful things we get the opportunity to do, see, enjoy, share... but there are equally terrible, hard things we must experience.

I have always thought that that there are some things that happen to us that are out of our control- but there are others than come as consquences, resulting from poor or uninformed choices.

Mistakes can be mended, but not always forgotten...

however, if you learn from that mistake, it is no longer a mistake, but something you just needed to learn.

Life goes on, you (hopefully) become wiser and stronger, and possibly look back on the experience and use it to help someone else.

I find myself thinking there is always someone out there who is going through something much worse-- and it helps me get through a tough time if I concentrate on helping them and not dwelling on myself.

Maybe life gets hard when I need to be less selfish.

There you have it, a tiny piece of my heart. Lame as it sounds, it is true.

I'm not as put together as I would like to be, or as I would like you to think.

I struggle. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little.

Sometimes I can struggle alone, sometimes I need to put it out there.

I think we are all in the same boat...doing the best we can, sometimes succeeding, and sometimes failing beyond belief, but unwilling to admit it.

Sometimes you just need a good cry.

And for me, this rainy monday appears as though it needs a crying buddy.

Bring on the catharsis.

10 comments:

  1. I always think that "someone out there has it much worse" also. I really helps me get through some hard days and be thankful for what I do have! Thanks for sharing! Your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Sometimes reading blogs sucks because everyone is so 'perfect.' You're allowed to have bad days. Guess what, you're even allowed to blog about them! Whatever you're going through, I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So today I was reading the Ensign and came across this article: http://lds.org/ensign/2011/01/make-yours-a-great-life?lang=eng&query=make+yours+great+life

    It was perfect for how I have been feeling lately. Sometimes life stinks and is so hard. I hope things are getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I am having a hard time I love to read this quote,


    "It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

    Gordon B. Hinckley

    Keep your head up! I am sorry that you are sick! But just think about the two guys in your life! You can't feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, April. You're not alone in your bad days. I have myself a good cry every once in a while as well. As long as I can get it all out for a short time and then concentrate on my many, many blessings and how to become stronger, it all works in my favor in the end.

    "O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me" Alma 31:31

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you are going through a hard time... I hope you are able to get through whatever trail you are facing. I feel like I blog about the bad a lot and think maybe I shouldn't... but it always makes me feel better, and helps me learn through the process. I'll be praying for you April! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I just have to say, I get so SO sick of the blogs that everything is peachy and perfect, it literally depressed me for a while! I felt like such a failure, and like I had such a boring life...I compared myself to EVERYONE. I decided to delete those blogs, I dont go to them anymore, and have worked hard at not comparing myself...because yes, EVERYONE has trials, and no one is perfect. Not that most of your post was about that, but it just made me think of it.

    And ya, someone out there has it worse. You need a vacation. St. George has your name written all over it! Or we're moving up to Rexburg this week, I mean, I hear that's a great vacation spot? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sista. I couldn't agree with you more. I really do have to stop and think about how others have it a lot worse. Gets me through those hard days. I enjoyed this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. April, sorry for what you're going through. Things always seem SO MUCH harder too when you're sick. So I hope that you get better soon and that things start looking up for you. Love you, and let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for keeping it real april! hearing/reading this from the person i consider to be one of-if not the-happiest person i know--like ridiculously happy, perfect seeming, i can so relate! i appreciate your realness! without the hard times we would never know what the good times are and vice versa...keep you chin up. love you! xo

    ReplyDelete