Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ready, or Not!

This week has been a crazy one! We went in for our weekly visit on Tuesday, and were surprised to find that I had high blood pressure. It wasn't going down much, so after our appointment, our Doctor sent me down to labor and delivery to be monitored. She explained to us that high blood pressure is one of the signs of preeclampsia, which affects the liver and kidneys-- and at this point in the pregnancy, the only real cure is delivery. (This statement completely freaked Ryan out-- Especially when Dr. Ponder said that after a few hours if I still had high blood pressure, they would induce me immediately. He had the deer-in-the-headlights look for the next few hours!) Camden has a great heartbeat and moves a ton, so no concern there! After a few hours, my blood pressure went down enough that they felt comfortable sending me home...but not without a lovely 24-hour urine catch. So much fun-- If there is protein in the urine, that is sign #2 of preeclampsia.

After 24-hours, I went back in to get another blood pressure check and turn in my test. My blood pressure was lower, but not low enough that they weren't concerned. They needed my urine and blood test results to decide what to do, so they sent me on my way :)

Yesterday they called and there is indeed a high amount of protein in my urine, so induction it is! They told me to "take it easy" for the weekend and depending on the status of things-- I will either be induced this coming week or the beginning of the next week! Crazy! It turns out that despite my earlier thoughts of my child hating me and making it his life's goal to inflict pain, (with the 4 months of puking, the 3 week long larengitis/croup, acid reflux, etc.)-- he may have actually listened when I told him that he was going to come early! he he he

With the news that we have 2-3 weeks less than we thought...our lives have gone into crazy mode! Luckily my parents have been in town and have lent a HUGE helping hand, and Ryan's family is close by! The nursey is almost complete...the baby is getting ready...now we just have to work on getting mom and dad ready...I'm not sure that will ever happen, but Ready or Not--he's coming!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Congrats I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow April! I'm so excited for you!! Good luck! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness I'm so so excited for you!!!!! Hopefully it's not too painful! I know Heather was totally fine after hers (or acted it...who knows!) So hopefully you will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I know how you feel...how do you get ready for such a huge thing? You'll be great. I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck this week! Send me your email address (juliebechthold at gmail dot com) and I'll send you an invite to our blog. I have another blog that's not private, it's juliesonepictureaday.blogspot.com

    We love Annie's letters. (emails, my mom forwards them to me) Sounds like she's doing great.. we sure miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, it's going to be so exciting! You're going to be such a great mother!

    ReplyDelete