Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Best Husband/Nursey Ever

Ok I have to take a minute to brag about my amazing husband! When we found out we were pregnant I knew I wanted to go all out on our nursery. Then the news came that we were going to be parents to a little boy, and the plans began! I really had my heart set on bead board (wainscott), but to have it professionally installed was too expensive. So, my wonderfully crafty husband started making many a trip to Home Depot investigating how he could pull this off for a reasonable price... Thus began the transformation---


We decided on a bright sky blue for the walls...

And we had a lot of help...

Once the bead board was finished and looking great, I had already decided that I wanted some sort of cute sports mural painted on the wall. As it turns out, having someone paint on walls is also ridiculously expensive... So I approached my extremely talented husband, who just so happens to be an amazing artist! He said no. In my state of motherly determination, I decided to take art lessons so that I could attempt painting on the walls. It would only cost a few hundred dollars and probably a whole lot of stress on a pregnant woman, but oh well! Ryan pretty much shattered my dreams with a look at our bank account, and I thought I my perfect nursey was ruined...until he gave in and said he would paint the murals!!! Yay! (Now you may be thinking to yourself, "hey, she totally conned him into doing that!" and if that is indeed what you were thinking, you are correct)




As you can tell, Ryan is awesome! He is still working on the paintings, and I am still finishing up all the other decorations...but when it's done, I will be sure to put up more pictures! We only have 5 weeks to finish getting ready for Camden to arrive!! Can't wait :)



5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, April, it looks so cute! I love it. Can I come see it in real life sometime? I swear I am going to have to hire Ryan for when we have a baby! I've already been trying to get Marcus to figure out how to do the bead board. And, your pregnancy pictures are so great. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh its beautiful april!!! Good job ryan! I LOVE the bead board...that's a definite NEED not want. :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks great! Ryan is a great painter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ryan rocks! great job! super cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are super, super cute and the bedroom looks great. A+ for "DIY" you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete