Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Midway 5K

I know what you're thinking--
I said I wasn't much of a runner...and I'm not.
Look again people, it was a 5K!
The contestants on the biggest loser can even run a 5K (and by the way, said thought crossed my mind many a time as I tried to motivate myself to continue running)
I signed up with 8 weeks to train, and began my "Couch to 5K training" which I changed to "Baby 8 months ago training"... I was sticking to the plan of running everyday--for about a week. Then I fizzed. Crashed and burned. Got lazy, and didn't enjoy feeling like a fat lard galloping down the street.
(ok that last one was a little over exaggerated, but you get the point)
So, the week of the race, Ryan asked me if we were still going to run in it. Crapola. I had signed us up and paid the fee...so we decided to do it.
Little did we know that the leisurely 5K was a trail run! In a mountainous area, fully equipped with lots and lots of hills. Great.
But, I finished! And I actually enjoyed myself. I may not be a runner, but I think I could do another 5K :)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! You know, when I was growing up I never thought I was a runner. I HATED the mile run in PE and I was super slow. Then I started running a mile a night in college to avoid the freshman 15. And I found taht I liked it...and the more I ran, the more I thought I could run. Then I did a marathon. So you never know...you might just grow to love running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't even last! hehe I would be last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had fun! We will have to do one together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job April! That is so great! My goal is to do a 5k next spring after I have the baby!

    ReplyDelete